Twitter Ads – The 2,800,000 opportunity
This is a huge opportunity with 12% of the Australian population on twitter, this is still a growing and niche opportunity to divert your budget and attention to.
Just like any other social media channel the behaviours of the users differ on each of them. It is important to test campaigns, this the only clear solution to see if it can work for your targeted audience. Here are the break down of the number of social media users in Australia.
- Facebook – 15,000,000 users (steady)
- YouTube – 14,100,000 UAVs
- WordPress.com – 5,600,000
- Instagram – 5,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
- Tumblr – 4,400,000
- LinkedIn – 3,750,000
- Twitter – 2,800,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx (see calculation)
- WhatsApp – 2,400,000 Active Australian Users (see calculation)
- Blogspot – 2,350,000
- TripAdvisor – 2,200,000
Twitter users in Australia – 2,800,000 Active Australian users (Socialmedianews.com.au, Feb 2016)
So how do you take advantage of this 2.8m users
First you have to understand what is content marketing and how you would build a content strategy for your business
- What is content marketing?
- Create and share content to attract prospective buyers and provide valuable information to convert them into customers
- 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing | 76% of B2C currently use content marketing
- Benefits of content marketing?
- Position your brand as a thought leader – move forward with content
- More on-site content = more engagement
- Attract audiences through sharing etc
- Inbound traffic to your website
- Link backs to your site – part of website, increasing traffic
- What content should your business create
- Influencers industry and see what other people are engaging about there
- Lifestyle topics – eg healthcare – yoga/fitness tips
- How much of that type of content should you share? 20%-30% should be the framework that you would need to engage
- Can we post multiple tweets of the same kind? Mix it up with tweets but do not be afraid post the same content after every few days.
- Auto link account – ensure that it is optimised to the platform of where it will be published
- Process of creating content
- Understand if you are creating this yourself through infographic, ebook etc
- Find interesting content and sharing content
- See your content is effective – measurement and analytics
Next is to know what to post on Twitter
- Four content types on Twitter
- Everyday – Share industry news & tips to enhance your brand
- Campaign – build a twitter ad strategy that go about the campaign
- Live tweeting – Tweeting during a live event
- Response – participating and join in conversion
- Best practices
- 56% is from 50 characters
- Provide directions to users
- Higher engagement with instructions – RT, Share, Simple, achievable & fun
- Tap into key moments find relevant # to the popular
- Not to overuse # as it will distract user from taking actions
- Good rule of thumb 1 or 2 hashtag per tweet rotate 3-4 hashtag to get awareness for the given month
- Use Rich Media on Twitter – Images (still moving images like GIFs, Vine, Periscope / Videos)
- 313% more engagement & 52% more retweets
- 82% twitter users watch video
- Native video on twitter drives more engagement 2.5x replies 2.8x retweets 1.9x likes (Twitter, March 2015)
- First 3 seconds for branding as this is the time.
- Brand in front of video
- Use people imagery and the heart of message
Recent campaign success in terms of reach, and cost per conversion.
I have had the opportunity to create a Twitter ads campaign. There are some great insights and learnings behind this campaign.
We have looked at it from a different angle and looked into strategic targeting for our client who is looking at doing an offer based campaign in terms of creative and targeting.
- Analyse the brief and goal of client
- Understand and research the potential reach of the audience on Twitter
- Create multiple twitter cards to test the performance of the campaigns
- Ongoing evaluation and optimisation on better performing twitter cards.
Brief us today to see how we can utilise Twitter Ads to help you reach your targeted audience and generate leads for your business.